Followers

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Spelunking in Garay

TEA Zone Spelunking Family :)

Inside Gray Cave

Posing with my friends!

My lakwatserong friends

Me, crawling in the muddy muddy area of Gray Cave

My soul is seeking for some adventures… And the moment it knocked, I naturally give in!
Last weekend has been one of the most exciting events of my life. My first full-blown Spelunking (Cave exploring). It is true that whenever I travel to places, I look for some additional side trips that can fit in to my schedules, Caving is one of them. But those caving experiences are just minimal activities. I can describe it as just sauntering around. :)
The weekend getaway with some of my colleagues slash friends and with TEA (The Extreme Adventure) Zone (a group who exercises and lives with the utmost activities they can think of) was stupefying! There was really good camaraderie among all who participated.
Spelunking.
We finished two caves. One is called Kidlat Cave, which we completed in two hours. The cave was dark, gloomy, has musty odor and so quiet. The path is narrow and the rocks formations are stiff and huge. It was thrilling to hug rocks in order to pass through. The excitement and fear of falling and unable to grasp the natural cracks of the rock was intense. This cave is one hell of an obstacle course. haha!
Next is called Gray Cave (it was named by Tea Zone mastermind, Marc Gana, it was slang for “Garay” haha). This was the wet and wild place, wet because literally we passed across water pathways (knee-deep to chest-deep) and wild because of the mud mud mud crawling experience! Yes! Part of the cave had muddy surface, it was slippery, we’ve experienced to be one with it and I felt like I’m inside a giant clay molding. It was scary at first but after a while it was fun! (actually I’ve thought about the people who were trapped in a landslide.it was fearsome!) At the end of this cave is a nature pool where you can swim, cleanup and refresh!
At that moment, I know that we are in a very deep place. I am chilling, the place is enticing and I am damn sure its mysterious.
I am proud to say that I have conquered Garay Caves!

How to get there: Breakdown of expenses
Ride Bus from Cubao to Sapang Palay then get off to Road 2. (Php45.00)
Ride tricycle or jeep from Road 2 to Bigti Market (Php10.00 each)
Buy foods for your lunch (Php100.00) :)
Ride tricycle from Bigti Market to Tea Zone’s place (forgot the place and price hahaha, but it was Php15.00 ata each)
From Tea ZOne’s place to the Garay caves, it was just walking distance.
Tea Zone’s fee for this adventure is Php 600.00
Total Spelunking expenses = Php840.00 only!


Interested? Do you envy my escapades?? Check out The Extreme Adventure Zone Facebook Page for upcoming events! :)

No comments: